Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Review: Stepbrother Dearest by Penelope Ward

 Title: Stepbrother Dearest
Author: Penelope Ward
Source: Purchased


Synopsis:

You’re not supposed to want the one who torments you.

When my stepbrother, Elec, came to live with us my senior year, I wasn’t prepared for how much of a jerk he’d be.

I hated that he took it out on me because he didn’t want to be here.
I hated that he brought girls from our high school back to his room.
But what I hated the most was the unwanted way my body reacted to him.

At first, I thought all he had going for him were his rock-hard tattooed abs and chiseled face. Then, things started changing between us, and it all came to a head one night.

Just as quickly as he’d come into my life, he was gone back to California.

It had been years since I’d seen Elec.

When tragedy struck our family, I’d have to face him again.

And holy hell, the teenager who made me crazy was now a man that drove me insane.

I had a feeling my heart was about to get broken again.

Stepbrother Dearest is a standalone novel.

**Contains graphic sexual content and harsh language. It is only appropriate for adult readers age 18+





Review:




Stepbrother Dearest is a book that I just had to buy after reading all of the rave reviews. The forbidden aspect also helped to spark my interest in this book. However, this romance only works for me because these two characters didn't grow up together and they are not blood related.

Greta is a great character. She is fairly innocent and nice – almost too nice. She kind of reminds me of myself in ways. Elec is a bit of a jerk, but his antics to get under Greta's skin were pretty funny.

After a lot of fighting and sexual tension, these two finally gave into temptation knowing they may never see each other again. The problem is, they ended up falling for each other.

7 years and one tragedy later, they end up meeting again. Elec is in a serious relationship and it's all kinds of awkward. The fighting and sexual tension come back into play, and the book is hard to put down.

These two have a really steamy romance going on and I really enjoyed the book. There were just a couple of things that bothered me a little...

      1. Elec's autobiography that he wrote was a little boring. I mean, I liked reading some of the story from his perspective, but a lot of it was word-for-word storyline that we had already read.
      2. It wrapped up a little too quickly for me.

Overall, it's a good story and if you're a fan of forbidden romances – then I definitely recommend this book!



Find this author here:


Purchase this book at the following places:

1 comment:

  1. Being a vampire is not what it seems like. It’s a life full of good, and amazing things. We are as human as you are.. It’s not what you are that counts, but how you choose to be. Do you want a life full of interesting things? Do you want to have power and influence over others? To be charming and desirable? To have wealth, health, and longevity? contact the vampires creed today via email: Richvampirekindom@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete