Monday, May 23, 2011

Review: Forever Freed

Synopsis:

A heart can break, even one that no longer beats.

I stalk my new neighbors, a single mother and her child, drawn by the irresistible scent of their joy and love. I crave their blood, starved for some healing respite from my ancient grief. Now to lure them into my grasp.

But they surprise me. Little Olivia accepts me without fear or reservation—talking, smiling, offering innocent affection that tugs at my long-lost humanity. Her mother, Samantha, seeks me out when she should stay away, offering sweet friendship, and calling to the forgotten man within me. They lure me instead.


Ah, Dio, Lucien, run and spare them while you can…



Review:


I really loved this book! I definitely connected with these characters. I loved the fact that it was told from Lucien's point of view. Lucien is a vampire who had lost his wife and daughter in a tragic turn events. He spends many, many lonely years hating who and what he is. I tend to have a thing for dark, tortured, and brooding men. You just can't help but like Lucien, even though he is a predator. He meets a little girl named Ollie who is just adorable and wise beyond her years. He later meets her mother Samantha, though at the time he doesn't realize they are mother and daughter. He finds that he is drawn to both of them. Before he knows it, Ollie and Samantha find their way into his life and his heart.

Forever Freed has everything I could want in a book all combined nicely together in a pretty little package. It's about love, passion, family, forgiveness... It's a heartwarming story that will have you feeling just about every emotion there is. I laughed and I cried, which I don't do often.

I would recommend this book to anyone who likes paranormal romance. It does have adult scenes and language which is something to keep in mind. I'm really glad I read this book and I will definitely read more by this author.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for reviewing this. I will have to find this one and read it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for taking the time to read and review my book! I'm so glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete