Sunday, April 17, 2011

Review: The Beast Within



Synopsis:
With Nick’s secret now exposed, he and Ellie must run for their lives, pursued by the Governor and his Time Keepers. Will they be able to stay hidden or is their time nearly up?

Review:



The Beast Within is part 2 of The Time Keepers - a 4-part short story. Last month I reviewed part 1, which you can find HERE. These stories are really good - they just aren't long enough! I keep wanting to read more. In this part, we find out what Nick is but I won't spoil it by saying any more than that. Ellie is still being pursued, and they are still on the run. There is definitely an attraction building between these 2 characters and I can't wait to find out what happens between them. The Beast Within also ends with a cliffhanger, and part 3 comes out in May. The author was born in England and currently resides in Australia. This makes the story interesting for me because some of the words used in these stories are not what I'm used to hearing. Also, since the story isn't based in America, it's a nice change of pace for me.

You can find out more about Nicki Markus at her website:
http://www.nickijmarkus.com/

You can also find her books on Amazon HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment